자동사로 혼동하기 쉬운 타동사
타동사의 목적어가 항상「을/를」로 해석되지는 않는다.
타동사 뒤에 전치사를 쓰면 안 된다. ( )안의 전치사를 쓰면 틀린다.
(1) accompany :「～와 동반하다, ～와 동행하다」
His secretary accompanied (with) him.
(2) address :「～에게 말을 걸다, 연설하다」
He addressed (to) us in French.
(3) affect/influence :「～에 영향을 미치다」
The policy will not affect/influence (on) us.
(4) answer :「～에게 대답하다」(= reply to)
Have you answered (to) her letter?
▶answer for :「～을 책임지다」
We must answer for the consequences.
(5) approach :「～에 다가가다, 접근하다」
A pretty girl approached (to) me.
(6) attend :「～에 참석하다, 출석하다」
He attended (at) the meeting.
▶ attend to :「～에 주의하다」
on :「～를 시중들다, 간호하다.
Attend to what your teacher says.
The nurses attend on patients.
(7) await :「～를 기다리다」(= wait for)
He awaited (for) his wife.
(8) become/suit :「～에 어울리다」
The new shirt becomes (to) you.
(9) call/phone :「～에게 전화하다」
Call (to) me at the office.
▶ call on/at :「～을 방문하다」
I called on him last night. <on+사람>
I called at his office last night. <at+장소>
(10) comprise :「～로 구성되다」(= consist of)
This book comprises (of) twenty chapters.
(11) contact :「～와 접촉하다, 연락하다」
Contact (with) him by mail or phone.
(12) discuss :「～에 대해 토의하다」
We discussed (about) the problem.
(13) enter :「～에 들어가다」(= go into)
We entered (into) the restaurant.
▶ enter into :「～을 시작하다」(= begin)
He entered into the business.
(14) equal/match :「～에 필적하다」
No one can equal (with) him in English.
(15) greet :「～에게 인사하다」
She greeted (to) me kindly.
(16) inhabit :「～에 살다, 거주하다」(= live in)
Various kinds of fish inhabited (in) the sea.
(17) marry :「～와 결혼하다」
She married (with) a rich man.
▶ be married to :「～와 결혼해 있다」<상태>
get married to :「～와 결혼하다」<동작>
She is married to a rich man.
She got married to him last year.
(18) mention :「～에 대하여 언급하다」(= refer to)
He mentioned (about) the accident.
(19) obey :「～에 복종하다, 준수하다」
You should obey (to) your parents.
(20) oppose :「～에 반대하다」(= object to)
I oppose (to) your proposal.
▶ be opposed to :「～에 반대하다」
I am opposed to your proposal.
(21) reach :「～에 도착하다」(= arrive at/in)
I reached (at) New York this morning.
(22) resemble :「～와 닮다」(= take after, look like)
She resembles (with) her mother.
(23) survive :「～에서 살아남다, ～보다 오래 살다」
He survived (from) the air crash.