You cannot see this page without javascript.

Theo Jansen: My creations, a new form of life

조회 수 1325 추천 수 0 2014.04.22 11:24:41

Artist Theo Jansen demonstrates the amazingly lifelike kinetic sculptures he builds from plastic tubes and lemonade bottles. His creatures are designed to move -- and even survive -- on their own.

I would like to tell you about a project which I started about 16 years ago, and it's about making new forms of life. And these are made of this kind of tube -- electricity tube, we call it in Holland. And we can start a film about that, and we can see a little bit backwards in time.

0:38(Video) Narrator: Eventually, these beasts are going to live in herds on the beaches. Theo Jansen is working hard on this evolution.

0:48Theo Jansen: I want to put these forms of life on the beaches. And they should survive over there, on their own, in the future. Learning to live on their own -- and it'll take couple of more years to let them walk on their own.

1:16Narrator: The mechanical beasts will not get their energy from food, but from the wind. The wind will move feathers on their back, which will drive their feet. The beast walks sideways on the wet sand of the beach, with its nose pointed into the wind. As soon as it walks into either the rolling surf or the dry sand, it stops, and walks in the opposite direction.

1:43Evolution has generated many species. This is the Animaris Currens Ventosa. (Applause)

2:21TJ: This is a herd, and it is built according to genetical codes. And it is a sort of race, and each and every animal is different, and the winning codes will multiply.

2:35This is the wave, going from left to right. You can see this one. And now it goes from -- yes, now it goes from left to right. This is a new generation, a new family, which is able to store the winds. So, the wings pump up air in lemonade bottles, which are on top of that. And they can use that energy in case the wind falls away, and the tide is coming up, and there is still a little bit of energy to reach the dunes and save their lives, because they are drowned very easily. (Laughter)

3:19I could show you this animal. (Applause) Thank you. So, the proportion of the tubes in this animal is very important for the walking. There are 11 numbers, which I call the 11 holy numbers. These are the distances of the tubes which make it walk that way. In fact, it's a new invention of the wheel. It works the same as a wheel. The axis of a wheel is staying on the same level, and this hip is staying on the same level as well. In fact, this is better than a wheel, because when you try to drive with your bicycle on the beach, you will notice it's very hard to do. And the feet just step over the sand, and the wheel has to touch every piece of the ground in between. So, 5,000 years after the invention of the wheel, we have a new wheel. And I will show you, in the next video -- can you start it, please? -- that very heavy loads can be moved. There's a guy pushing there, behind, but can also walk on the wind very well. It's 3.2 tons.

4:50And this is working on the stored winds in the bottles. It has a feeler, where it can feel obstacles and turn around. And that stuff, you see, is going to it the other way.

5:17Can I have the feeler here? OK. Good. So, they have to survive all the dangers of the beach, and one of the big dangers is the sea. This is the sea. And it must feel the water of the sea. And this is the water feeler. And what's very important is this tube. It sucks in air normally, but when it swallows water, it feels the resistance of it. So imagine that the animal is walking towards the sea. As soon as it touches the water, you should hear a sort of sound of running air. Yes! So if it doesn't feel, it will be drowned, OK?

6:33Here, we have the brain of the animal. In fact, it is a step counter, and it counts the steps. It's a binary step counter. So as soon it has been to the sea, it changes the pattern of zeroes and ones here, and it knows always where it is on the beach. So it's very simple brain. It says, well, there's the sea, there are dunes, and I'm here. So it's a sort of imagination of the simple world of the beach animal. Thank you.

7:12One of the biggest enemies are the storms. This is a part of the nose of the Animaris Percipiere, and when the nose is fixed -- of the animal -- the whole animal is fixed. So when the storm is coming up, it drives a pin into the ground. (Laughter) And the nose is fixed, the whole animal is fixed. The wind may turn, but the animal will turn always its nose into the wind. Now, another couple of years, and these animals will survive on their own. I still have to help them a lot.

8:03Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen. (Applause).

여러분들께 제가 16년 전에 시작한 프로젝트에 대해서 말씀드리고 싶은데요 그것은 생명체를 창조하는 일에 관한 것입니다. 이들은 이런 튜브 같은 것으로 만들어졌는데요, 네덜란드에서는 전기관이라고 부릅니다,이것에 관한, 예전의 모습을 확인할 수 있는 필름을 보시죠.

0:38나레이터 : 마침내는, 이 괴물들은 해변에서 무리를 지어 살게 될 것입니다. 테오 얀센은 이런 진화를 위해 노력을 하고 있습니다.

0:48저는 이 새로운 생명체들을 해변에 놓아주고 싶습니다. 그러면 그들은 앞으로 그곳에서 스스로 생존할 것입니다. 스스로 사는 법을 터득하면서요. 그들 스스로 걷게 하기 위해서는 몇년이 더 걸릴 것입니다.

1:16이 기계 괴물들은 에너지를 음식이 아닌 바람에서 얻게 될 것입니다. 바람은 등에 달린 깃털을 움직이게 해서 그들의 발에 힘을 전달할 것입니다. 주둥이를 바람으로 향하게 한 채 해변의 젖은 모래 위를 옆으로 걸어갑니다. 밀려오는 파도거품이나 마른 모래를 만나게 되면 바로 멈추고 반대방향으로 걷기도 합니다

1:43진화는 수많은 종들을 탄생시켰습니다. 이것은 Animaris Currens Ventosa 입니다. (박수)

2:21이것은 유전적 코드에 따라 만들어진 하나의 무리입니다. 하나의 종이며, 각 동물들은 서로 다릅니다. 살아남은 코드들은 증식할 것입니다.

2:35이것은 보시다시파, 왼쪽에서 오른쪽으로 물결치고 그리고 지금은... 네, 지금 왼쪽에서 오른쪽으로 움직입니다. 이것은 바람을 저장할 능력이 있는 하나의 새로운 세대, 새로운 가족입니다. 날개가 저 위에 달린 레모네이드 병에 공기를 불어넣으면, 바람이 불지 않을 경우, 저것을 에너지로 이용할 수 있습니다. 만약 해수가 밀려오면 저 남아있는 에너지로 살기 위해 모래언덕까지 올라갈 수 있습니다. 쉽게 물에 가라앉을 수 있거든요. (웃음)

3:19이 동물을 실제로 보여드리죠. (박수) 감사합니다. 이 동물이 걸을 때 튜브들의 비율이 아주 중요합니다. 숫자가 11개 있는데, 저는 11개의 신성한 숫자라고 부릅니다. 이 튜브들 사이의 거리들이 이런 식으로 걷게 만들죠. 이것은 바퀴의 재발명입니다. 바퀴와 원리가 같습니다. 바퀴의 축은 높이가 일정한데 이 허리 부분도 마찬가지로 높이가 일정합니다. 실제로 이것은 바퀴보다 낫습니다. 왜냐하면 여러분이 자전거로 해변위를 달리려고 하면 그것은 정말 힘이 드는데요, 발은 모래 위로 내딛는 반면 바퀴는 모든 지면과 접촉해야 해죠.바퀴가 발명된 지 5천년만에 우리는 새로운 바퀴를 갖게 되었습니다. 다음 비디오를 보시면 시작해주시겠어요? 매우 무거운 것들도 움직일 수 있습니다. 남자 한 명이 뒤에서 밀고 있는데요, 물론 바람이 있으면 훨씬 잘 걸을 수 있죠. 이것은 3.2톤인데요,

4:50병 안에 저장된 바람에 의해 움직이고 있죠. 촉수를 가지고 있어서 장애물을 감지하고 돌아갈 수 있습니다.저것이, 보시다시피 다른 방향으로 움직이죠.

5:17촉수 좀 가져다 주시겠어요? 네, 좋습니다. 그들은 해변의 모든 위험들로부터 살아남아야 되는데요 가장 위험한 것이 바로 바다입니다. 이것은 바닷물인데요 이것이 바닷물을 감지해야 되죠. 물을 감지하는 촉수인데요 이 관이 매우 중요합니다. 보통 공기를 빨아들이는데 물을 빨아들이게 되면, 그 저항을 감지하게 됩니다.바닷물 쪽으로 걸어가는 동물을 상상해보세요. 물에 닿자마자 일종의 공기가 빠져나오는 소리를 들을 수 있습니다. 네! 만약 감지를 못한다면, 익사하겠죠?

6:33여기에 이 동물의 뇌가 있습니다. 사실, 이것은 일종의 만보계입니다. 걸음을 세죠. 이진법으로 계산합니다.바다에 닿으면 여기의 0과 1의 패턴을 바꾸죠. 그래서 언제나 해변 위에 있다는 것을 알게 되죠. 매우 단순한 뇌입니다. 저기에 바다가 있고, 저기에는 모래언덕, 나 자산은 여기에 있다는 것을 알려줍니다. 이것은 해변동물이 사는 상상 속의 단순한 세계인 것입니다. 감사합니다

7:12가장 큰 적 중 하나는 바로 폭풍입니다. 이것은 Animaris Percipiere의 주둥이의 일부분인데요 이 주둥이가 고정되면 동물 전체가 고정이 됩니다. 폭풍이 오게 되면 땅에 이 핀을 박죠. (웃음) 주둥이가 고정이 되면, 동물 전체가 고정이 됩니다. 바람의 방향이 바뀌어도 이것은 언제나 주둥이를 바람 쪽으로 틀 것입니다. 몇년 후면, 이 동물들은 스스로 생존할 것입니다. 지금은 비록 제가 많이 도와줘야 하지만요.

8:03감사합니다 여러분 (박수)

영어듣기, 영어회화, 기초영어,영어공부혼자하기,무료기초영어,완전기초영어,성인기초영어,기초영어공부,기초영어회화,왕초보영어공부,직장인영어공부,온라인영어회화
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 조회 수
25 Barry Schwartz: The paradox of choice . chanyi 1546
24 Elizabeth Gilbert: Your elusive creative genius chanyi 1433
23 Cameron Russell: Looks aren't everything. Believe me, I'm a model. chanyi 1814
22 Raffaello D'Andrea: The astounding athletic power of quadcopters chanyi 1180
21 Pranav Mistry: The thrilling potential of SixthSense technology chanyi 1134
20 Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability chanyi 3136
19 Apollo Robbins: The art of misdirection chanyi 852
18 Reggie Watts disorients you in the most entertaining way chanyi 677
17 Keith Barry: Brain magic chanyi 1428
16 Sarah Kay: If I should have a daughter ... chanyi 3452
15 Amanda Palmer: The art of asking chanyi 725
14 A robot that flies like a bird chanyi 597
13 Susan Cain: The power of introverts chanyi 637
12 Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action chanyi 1164
11 Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight file chanyi 717
본 사이트에서는 회원분들의 게시된 이메일 주소가 무단으로 수집되는 것을 거부합니다. 게시된 정보 및 게시물의 저작권과 기타 법적 책임은 자료제공자에게 있습니다. 이메일:chanyi@hanmail.net Copyright © 2001 - 2022 EnjoyEnglish.co.kr. All Right Reserved.
커뮤니티학생의방교사의 방일반영어진로와 진학영어회화